Skip to main content

Temporary Halt in Evictions to Prevent the Further Spread of Covid 19




     A declaration was signed preventing the evictions of tenants to continue to slow the spread of Covid 19 by the CDC Director Doctor Robert Redfield. The temporary halt stops residential evictions of covered persons from September 4th, 2020 through December 31, 2020. Which means, no landlord in the United States or U.S. Territory, can evict any tenants covered under this order, for nonpayment of rent between these dates. Keep in mind it does state that foreclosures on a home mortgage. 

    How does a renter become covered? In order to become covered under this declaration you must...

  • do your best to obtain any government assistance for rent or housing
  •  must not have made over $99,000 in annual income in 2020 or nor more than $198,000 if filing a joint return. If it was not required to claim any earnings in 2019 with the IRS or received an economic stimulus payment (stimulus check) that was tied in with the Cares Act. 
  • a tenant is unable to pay payments or partial payments due to loss of income or due to paying out of pocket medical expenses. 
  • a nant must be attempting or doing their best to make partial payments as close to full payment as possible considering their other living expenses. 
  • any action like this will most like force tenants into close living spaces because of no other means of gaining housing 
    If you fall within these guidelines you must send a completed and signed copy of the declaration to your landlord or to anyone who has the right to evict. You can either send a copy electronically or by hardcopy through the mail. Each adult has to send a completed copy to their landlord unless they file a joint return. If a joint return is filed then both tenants can be on the same declaration but both party's name must be present. For a copy of the form please use the following link. 



Please keep in mind that you will still be liable for the owed rent money after December 31st so my advice to you is to make sure your doing the best you can to make payments and have a plan of action in place to pay in full as soon as you possibly can. The declaration does not protect anyone from evictions due to any criminal matters or anything other than what is stated in the guidelines. For more information you can go to www.cdc.gov  You can also call 2-1-1 from any landline or cell phone in Louisiana for a list of local resources in your area. 

STAY SAFE LOUISIANA 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHY CAN’T YOU SEE WHAT’S RIGHT IN FRONT YOUR FACE?

 I want to begin by saying that I went back and forth in my mind a million times whether or not I was going to write this blog. I've had friends mad at me, people called me crazy, I've been kicked off Facebook countless times, restricted on other social media sites, and so much more. But hey, I can't make this shit up, OK!      WELCOME TO THE GREAT AWAKENING!!       So, I can start in a million and one chapters of the crazy shit that is happening around us. I actually don't even know where to start and anyone who knows me on a personal level, knows I love to talk so it's pretty odd that I don't even know where to begin. I love to research and read about different things and events or ideas. Learning new things is just amazing to me. My brain has a thirst for knowledge that is unexplainable. I can tell you that I've researched the main idea of everything that's happening around me since I was about 14 years old. I am now 39. So, I have a little bit of kno

Mixed Earners PUA Act of 2020

         It may seem like things may be finally attempting to get back to normal but in some cases, things feel like they may be getting a little worse. When the unemployment benefits from the Cares Act ran out that's when I myself noticed the flaw. After the extra $600 a week disappeared I was left with a mere $79 dollars a week to live off of. Mind you at this time the State of Louisiana was still in Phase 2 and our Governor was not letting up on the restrictions. I've worked all my adult life and most years I worked two jobs. But I've always worked for tips, cash money babysitting, and freelance work online. Since I made such a large amount of money in cash I've always claimed my cash earnings at the end of the year when I filed taxes. So my earnings showed but because it was self-employment they could not be added to the base wages to determine the WBA on unemployment benefits. So, while I sit and watch my bills pile up for months, I was unable to return to work an